Hiiiiiiiii 👋 I’m Shaylee - a midwestern gal living in Kansas City with my boyfriend & fur babe 👫🐱 They’re truly the most important things in my life & idk where I’d be without them. I’m empathetic to a fault & you can find me crying about alllllll the things, whether it be marriage proposals, a cutie lil duckling family crossing the street, or watching others face some of the hardest days of their lives. I deeply feel other people’s emotions but oftentimes have a hard time expressing my own. I tend to come off as extremely reserved & jaded & it’s something I’ve been working on for a very long time 💓 I absolutely adore those who just walk into a room & you can immediately feel joy radiating out of their souls. I’m a lover of all things mystical & magical & am finally learning to walk to the beat of my own drum after being raised in a community that taught me to keep my head down & just follow the rules. Day by day I’m unleashing more of my inner goddess & I’m so grateful for the life I’ve cultivated for myself! ✨
🐱 I’ve never had a dog & have always kinda been a crazy cat lady. I’m totally the girl in that eHarmony video that starts crying about how cute their lil ears are. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, look it up.
♀️ I’m torn between moving out west or moving back to Indiana to be closer to family. I’m LOVING the city life, but I’m a country girl at heart. But not the hard core honky-tonk kind. Like I wanna have pet pigs but don’t wanna have to clean up their poop.
☀ I’m totally a savory gal. Especially since I started chemo. Sweets just don’t sound as appetizing to me. Give me a plate of loaded black bean nachos or some avo toast & I’ll be good to go!
☀ I love being awake during the early hours of the morning. The rest of the world is still fast asleep & there’s this calming sense of peace. The sun is shining. The birds are singing. It’s a beautiful day to be alive! There’s nothing more magical.
🎨 My favorite color changes daily depending on my mood. Lately I’ve been focusing on warm tones like reds & oranges as these are the colors of our root & sacral chakras. & Lord knows ya girl needs some TLC after a complete hysterectomy! True healing starts from within.
♀️ I’ve also really been focusing on my intentions lately & how I can implement them into my daily life. I want my thoughts & actions to have more reason. I’m living my life with PURPOSE!
🌈 I believe in equality for all humans. Period. This world needs more love. We’re all having this crazy human experience TOGETHER! Let’s start acting like it!
🐯 If I could be any animal I’d be a tiger. They’re fierce, powerful, & majestic. & HELLO! Who wouldn’t wanna explore the world’s most beautiful jungles through the eyes of a giant kitty!?
♥️ I’ve never respected myself the way I do now. I’ve been through a lot & I know I can do anything I put my mind to. I’ve changed my mindset from “I look good for a cancer patient” to just “I LOOK GOOD!” I’m literally fighting for my life every single day & still doing things that bring my heart joy. I think I’m doing it right, y’all!
* I grew up in Indiana but currently live in Kansas City. I’d LOVE to get out of the Midwest. I could never see another snowflake in my life & not be mad about it.
* I love going out & meeting & connecting with like-minded ppl, but I also need my alone time to reflect & unwind. I’m becoming more of an introvert as I get older. But don’t let that stop you from reaching out! I love to chat!!
* My favorite meal of all time is breakfast (duh)! I’m def a Benedict & endless mimosas kinda gal. Or French Toast if I’m feelin fancy. & I have to have a fresh juice. Ok I go in stages.
* I HATE needles & am probably one of the most squeamish ppl you’ll ever meet. Even after weekly blood draws & never ending doctor’s appointments the hospital spikes my anxiety like I’ve never experienced before.
* I’ve always been way super crazy empathetic. I can easily put myself into other ppl’s shoes & imagine I’m fighting their battles. This has resulted in so much more peace & understanding for other humans (& also more sobs at romcoms lol oops).
* I love riding bikes, going for walks, hiking, & any fun outdoor activities!
* I second guess myself a lot but I KNOW I’ve got the strength & determination to accomplish anything I put my mind to. I is smart. I is kind. I is important.
* When I was little I wanted to be a teacher. I LOVED school (until high school when I was 2 kewl) & loved learning & all the fun activities we got to do throughout the day!
* My dream destination is & always has been Thailand. So so so beautiful & uh HELLO THE FOOD!!!!
* I can twist my arm a full 360° & I love to pull that little party trick out to freak ppl out hehe!
1. My favorite season is late summer/early fall. Everything starts to cool off & it’s SO FREAKING PRETTY outside.
2. I’m an INFJ, a 9 on the Enneagram, & my love language is words of affirmation. I’m a Capricorn.
3. I spoil my kitty, Yogi, completely rotten. & my “pet voice” & nicknames? Yeah they’re outta control.
4. I’m an introvert who wishes so deeply to be an extrovert. But my alone time is KEY & that’s always how I rest & recharge.
5. I go to bed at 10PM & wake up at 5AM. I hate sleeping in past 8.
6. I’m extremely spiritual & have recently been discovering how to connect with my highest self in numerous ways.
7. I love morning workouts & my favorite muscle group to train is shoulders.
8. I thought Harry Potter was overrated...until I actually read the books & watched the movies. Same with Game of Thrones. Now I’m obsessed with both.
9. My favorite thing ever is laughing till I cry.
10. I love cooking & finding new ways to “healthify” my favorite dishes. I’m about to go make some veggie Irish stew & it’s going to be GLORIOUS!